The Lead Developer is responsible for oversight as well as hands-on development contribution for a small development team (5 – 8 developers). Responsibilities include coding, mentoring, coaching, and code reviews. Job requirements include leadership and accountability for the team’s efforts across the development lifecycle including: iteration work/resource planning, design quality, build quality, team support, development momentum, and timely work completion. Works directly with Architects, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, and Project Managers to track and report progress. The candidate must exhibit strong leadership skills, very strong communication skills, work well in large project team environments, and have strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on leader for medium to large-scale development projects.
- Experience developing within Message Based, Event Driven, and Service Oriented architecture paradigms.
- Experience developing and implementing custom solutions, leveraging and enhancing custom framework components with experience leveraging foundational open source libraries.
- Must demonstrate a Sr. Level “Quality Driven” design/development mindset and work well in a collaborative environment with Sr. Architects to support and enhance core Framework design elements, while leading a team of developers in optimal development techniques to maximizing Framework utilization.
- A principled and disciplined individual with a strong desire to adhere to and maintain sound coding standards and practices.
- Demonstrates experience on medium to large-scale development projects that practices strong Object Oriented Design and Test Driven Development principles.
- Strong knowledge of servers, virtualization, configuring and software installation, as well as experience tweaking Operating System settings.
- Experience working in Agile “Pods” or Scrum environments, working within the confines of Iteration based ALM and SDLC practices, and well experienced across all facets of Agile development is Required.
- Experience leading development teams, conducting Code Review and constructively advising the team on changes to adhere to good coding standards and practices required.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server in a structured Application Lifecycle environment is a plus.
- Experience in paired development methodologies preferred.
- Experience on Energy related development projects is also preferred.