What is Big Data?
With every passing second, the amount of data shared and transferred between humans is unimaginable. To manage, analyze, make predictions and decisions using that data is a daunting task. With data being a critical asset, companies today strive to understand the latest market trends, customer preferences and other requirements, thus making understanding large amount of data imperative.
Type of data involved in Big Data:
- Structured Data: Data that is stored in relational databases (tables, columns-rows format) is easily-managed and analyzed, since it can be converted into different predictive and descriptive models.
- Semi-Structured Data: This type of data is partly structured and unstructured. Semi-structured data is typically stored in documents like XML, JSON or CSV files, and through various processes that can be easily transferred to relational databases.
- Unstructured Data: Most of the organizational data tends to be unstructured, as it is either stored in some textual or multimedia format. Some of the most common examples of unstructured data are images, emails, audio-video files, word documents, and PowerPoint presentations.
Some benefits of Big Data analysis:
- Gives you real-time analysis that can help improve business performance
- Make faster and better business decisions
- Identify new business opportunities
- Help you innovate and deliver new products and services, based on market trends and customer requirements
- Optimize/Improvise existing services
- Optimize business processes
- Understand and reduce security-related flaws
Big Data Use Cases
Big Data is ever-evolving and companies like Amazon, eBay, Netflix, American Express and Starbucks are already leveraging the benefits of Big Data. If you’re wondering, how we can help you benefit from Big Data, here are some of our real-world cases:
- Dashboard App: Big Data analytics performs a predictive, diagnostic and descriptive analysis of your data that can give you clear information about current as well as future trends in the market. This project was to create a dashboard to give complete insight about customer needs, most popular and viewed products, most searched products, current market trends (what product is being sold the most) and their feedback. It also gave real-time data about current customer requirements and their preferences, and thus allowed our clients to focus on innovating new products and services. This will help them remain a step ahead of their competitors.
- Performance Insight App: This app was used by our client to get complete details about their employees, their performance and the company's current performance, which helped the HR team to profile employee information and act quickly on policies that could improve overall workplace performance.
- Recommendation System: This app showed information about all the latest movies and allowed users to view them online. In this app, we integrated algorithm and Big Data analytics that analyzed users’ activities and their searches to compare with other users’ searches, and provide them recommendations about what they might want to watch next.
- Data Warehouse Replacement: This client had a data warehouse and wanted more insight into its reporting. Our expert team provided them a solution that used both Elasticsearch and Hadoop technologies that provided them real-time reports and insights about their services. We gave them solutions using Big Data technologies over Data Warehousing tools, which saved millions of dollars.
How can we help you with Big Data?
Our team of Big Data Specialists & Architects, Data Scientists, Analysts & Researchers, Predictive Modelers, Statisticians, Business Intelligence Experts, Security Experts, Senior to mid- level Consultants, Managers, Developers, and Testers are experts with years of experience in this industry. We can provide these experts with flexible engagements at a very cost-effective rate. Our experts have experience in machine learning, deep learning and text mining in the following technologies:
- Big Data Technologies: Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, PIG, Impala/Hive, Kafka, Sqoop, Scala, Zookeeper, Parquet, ELK Stack.
- Designing and Building: Data warehouse, Business intelligence, and analytics solutions at significant scale including ETL, Data Models, BI, etc.
- Data Visualization Tools: Tableau, Qlikview, ggplot in R.
- Development Experience: Java, Python, Scala.
- Statistical Programming Languages: R, Python.
- Database Querying Languages: SQL, NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redis).
- Implement streaming and batch data processing jobs and applications: Apache Beam, Flink, Kafka, Spark streaming.
- Data Warehouse Modernization: On Hadoop clusters.
- Develop Big Data architecture: Hadoop stack including HDFS cluster, MapReduce, Hive, Spark and Impala and other related technologies.
- Data migration from relational databases to Hadoop HDFS
Cazton is composed of technical professionals with expertise gained all over the world and in all fields of the tech industry and we put this expertise to work for you. We serve all industries, including banking, finance, legal services, life sciences & healthcare, technology, media, and the public sector. Check out some of our services:
Cazton has expanded into a global company, servicing clients not only across the United States, but in Europe and Canada as well. In the United States, we provide our consulting and training services across various cities like Austin, Dallas, Houston, New York, New Jersey, Irvine, Los Angeles, Denver, Boulder, Charlotte, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, San Antonio, San Diego and others. Contact us today to learn more about what our experts can do for you.