Remote, US ONLY
Employment Type: Full Time
To apply for this job, please email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description / Requirements
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on, mid/senior developer who will join our professional team in a role that is part evangelist, analyst, developer and architect. The Senior consultant will work with customers in architecting and designing solutions to real-world, complex business requirements. He will have to apply strong analytical and trouble shooting skills to tackle transactional and analytical challenges while working with huge amounts of ever changing data.
- Help customers architect correct solutions to their business and use-cases by building and utilizing deep understanding of big data and in-memory computing technologies.
- Architect, configure and implement the in-memory computing platform on-site to support the required performance, scale, reliability and availability.
- Identify and debug performance bottlenecks at the JVM level or data model and query level by applying Java development and database programming experience to achieve desired performance throughput.
- Debug and resolve the root cause of unexpected platform behavior and complex technical issues.
- Provide optimal technical advice and guidance based on deep understanding of customer's business drivers, strategic goals and technical challenges.
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering and Customer Support staff to identify, document and help resolve technical issues and product functionality gaps.
- Contribute to the open source community by participating in meet-ups, design/code camps and technical speaking engagements.
- Extensive hands-on experience writing complex, distributed, multi-threaded JEE applications.
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS, NoSQL, NewSQL technologies: SQL, MongoDB, Apache Ignite, Apache Spark, Hadoop.
- Hands-on experience with third party platforms like DataStax and DataSynapse.
- Solid understanding of web services, micro-services architecture, messaging platforms and technologies.
- Experience with DevOps tools and methodologies, security protocols, design patterns and technologies.
- Experience architecting and implementing highly scalable, highly transactional, multi-datacenter and secure applications.
- Familiarity with cloud-based architectures and deployments in AWS, Azure or other public/private cloud infrastructures.
- Development experience in Agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Solid problem solving, analytical abilities, consulting and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of business and in a global and regional team environment.
- Strong customer focus and relationship management skills.
- Confident, organized and able to thrive under pressure