Raleigh, North Carolina
Employment Type: Full Time
To apply for this job, please email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description / Requirements
Here's a chance to work with a talented team of experts. We are looking for a data scientist who is interested in unlocking value from various types of structured and unstructured data and build it into a feature in our insight product. The candidate should have an excellent track record handling complex data analysis tasks in Python using the standard stack of libraries (Pandas, Numpy). The candidate should be proficient in formulating and training ML models using Keras, TensorFlow and scikit-learn. You will work closely with the product data science and project management to deliver a best-in-class client coverage data tool.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience with Python solving different types of problems, especially using the powerful analysis stack (Numpy, Pandas, scikit-learn).
- Practical experience with streaming data and using Apache Kafka.
- Worked with large complex unstructured datasets especially raw text.
- Solid understanding of both classical and modern database technologies (SQL and NoSQL/document based).
- Good with ML packages and libraries and understanding of fundamental techniques to building models.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment, Git or any version control and have a good understanding of automating everything.
- Interested in learning and working with a diverse stack of tools and technologies.
- Interest in learning and using Natural Language Processing (NLP) tools and techniques.
Nice to have skills:
Proficiency in Python development (especially asyncio and asynchronous generators).
Experience with Graph database (e.g. Neo4j) and/or search indices (e.g. Solr, Elastic).
Experience with Kafka Streams of Fraust.
Experience with Apache Spark dealing with large datasets.
Practical experience with Snowflake and/or public cloud service (Preferred: Azure).
Working understanding of container orchestration platforms (OpenShift/Kubernetes).
Proficient in reading and understanding enterprise-grade Java code. Having a Java development background is a huge plus.