Sr. Software Engineer – Contract
Employment Type: Full Time
To apply for this job, please email us your resume at email@example.com
Job Description / Requirements
Our client’s development team is seeking a passionate, value driven programmer to add to the existing engineering team. This team is developing applications using a standard Microsoft .NET C# stack and AngularJS along with a number of third party libraries and open source software.
Primary Job Duties:
- Researches, designs, develops and integrates applications at a senior-level as per written specifications.
- Write new software or make modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications.
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to industry standards and software best practice guidelines.
- Essential day-to-day responsibilities include performing coding assignments, unit testing, ensuring development standards are being followed, analyzing functional specifications, producing technical specifications and unit testing scripts, and participating in team code reviews and impact assessments.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Recommends solutions for software enhancements.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports on work progress.
- Other duties will include; Production support and subsequent defect research, assistance in technical and/or system documentation may be needed to aid support teams.
- Assist in development of software user manuals.
- Review work of peers and junior developers.
- Provides technical guidance and coaching to more junior team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent required. (MS desired)
- 5+ years’ development experience
- Data warehouse/ MetaData repository experience a strong plus
- Experience in Agile Scrum methodology
- Great technical and problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable in various software design patterns and be able to apply appropriate design patterns to solve business/technical problems
- Proficient in RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- .NET 3/.5/4.0 with WCF, WWF, WPF, and Silverlight
- Team player who works well across different streams (Product Management, Developers, QA, Operation Team, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with distributed architectures and design patterns strongly preferred8 or more years of commercial software development experience
- 2 or more years of experience developing server based compute engines, distributed services, or reusable components
- 4-year college degree in Computer Science or a closely related field, or demonstrable work experience