Key Required Skills: API Management, Google Apigee, API integration
The Java Developer will have extensive experience supporting enterprise solutions. The candidate will provide direction on solution design, and possess the ability to document, communicate, and implement the designs patterns they utilize. The candidate will write technical white papers and document the design of proposed and new systems, as well as reverse engineering existing systems. The candidate will contribute to the design, participate in development, maintenance, and continued support of computer/network operating system and other system software. The prime accountability for the candidate is major projects and will develop detailed and robust requirements, code, test, and implement proposed systems.
The candidate will communicate verbally and through clear written form progress on all work, including providing status on work activities, providing technical support, responding to issues, generating meaningful reports, and other deliverables to convey progress and plans for continued advancements.
- Responsible for the Solution Architecture for the API platform and API on-boarding.
- Apigee installation and configuration.
- Implement APIs and maintain their lifecycle.
- Develop API proxies.
- Design and develop REST APIs using API Management platform. Create REST API documentation.
- Convert web services from SOAP to REST or viceversa, using API management platform.
- Implement requirements of the API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, request and response modifications etc. using API management platform.
- Maintain programming standards and ensure the usage of the pattern / template for API Proxy.
- Conduct code reviews and coach developers.
- Ensure proper approach on traffic control and API security.
- Standardize the CI/CD setup for API management tools and automated deployment.
- Maintain the SLA, health and well-being of the API platform infrastructure.
- Automation of API testing.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to present ideas and concepts effectively.
- Hands-on development expertise with the Google Apigee Edge platform including but not limited to installation and configuration.
- Solid understanding of API and integration design principles.
- API focused integration design and patterns experience for the web.
- Experience implementing requirements of the API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, request and response modifications etc. using API management platform.
- Experience with designing and developing API proxies and REST APIs using API Management platform.
- Understanding of RESTful and SOAP Services.
- Experience with converting web services from SOAP to RESTful or vice-versa, using API management platform.
- Experience with API testing automation.
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Significant experience designing, deploying, and supporting production cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and private cloud environments.
- Expertise in configuring the Apigee Private Cloud platform, including keystores, truststores, and KVMs.
- Ability to apply security, throttling, OAuth 2.0, TLS, certificates, KeyStore, and Trust store for the Apigee platform.
- Experience with CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, GitHub) for Apigee proxies deployment automation.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing high volume web services using API Protocols and Data Formats (REST, JSON, SOAP & XML).
- Experience in Drupal portal.
- Hands on experience in Apigee Configurations, Management and APIGEE testing.
- Experience with version control software such as Git/Bitbucket.
- Google Apigee Certification.
Master's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience.