Key Required Skills: Software development (Go Language), Docker, OpenShift/AWS EKS/Kubernetes and SOA/Microservices architecture.
The Senior Software Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, especially with a shift-left DevOps model. The candidate will provide hands-on experience with enterprise software development, integration, implementation, test automation and SOA/Microservices architecture with DevOps experience to a cross-functional software development team. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation with GoLang, Java, JEE platform, Spring Framework, Microservices architecture, Docker containers, REST, USDS Plays and SQL/Data Modelling.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new innovative technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will play a key role in modernizing legacy applications leveraging cloud computing, DevOps or PaaS technologies.
Architect, design, code and implement next-generation enterprise CI/CD architecture using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies:
- API development (REST, JSON, Microservices architecture).
- Spring Framework (Boot, REST, Security, Data).
- DevOps (Jenkins, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, SonarQube, Argo CD).
- Provide engineering subject matter expertise in one or more of these areas: Go/Java software development, Microservice architecture, container orchestration, security, auto-scaling & application reliability engineering and monitoring & application performance.
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component: front-end, business logic, middleware or database (PL/SQL and Data Modelling).
- Brief management, customer, team or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience.
- All other duties are assigned or directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field.
- Master's or Doctorate's degree may substitute for 2 years of required experience.
- 7+ years of experience combined with Go-Lang and Java systems/application analysis & design.
- 2+ years of combined experience SOA/Microservices architecture/RESTful web service.
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Must have experience with Go (Golang) programming.
- Excellent knowledge of Java EE, Java generics and concurrent programming.
- Excellent knowledge of Spring Framework (Boot, REST, Security, Data).
- Solid experience using Docker containers and Red Hat OpenShift (or other Kubernetes platforms) to orchestrate and manage container applications.
- Solid experience with automation unit testing, TDD, BDD and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium).
- Basic knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL and ORM technologies (Hibernate, Spring JDBC, JPA).
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment.
- Preferred experience with GitOps and latest DevOps trends/best practices.
- Preferred experience with API development & monitoring tools (Ready API, Swagger, Splunk, Dynatrace).
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms.
- Preferred experience with building responsive UIs with modern front end technologies (Angular, React, Node, TypeScript, Bootstrap).
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field.
- Master's or Doctorate's degree may substitute for required experience.