Key Required Skills: Java, API Development, Agile development, relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, or Oracle), and SOA/Microservice architecture.
Participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. The Senior Java Developer will also apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts.
The candidate may work closely with the team leader/chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, software development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities
In this position, the candidate will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities. This role is not a telework position.
- Server-side component design skills: Object-Oriented Design with Java EE 6 and up, Spring/SpringBoot, JaxWS and JAX-RS Webservice development, Apache OpenJPA or similar, EJB 3.0, common frameworks such as Maven, JUnit, Log4J, Mockito.
- RESTful API, SOAP APIs development.
- 1 Year minimum API Management tools like WebMethod or Google APIGEE.
- Knowledge of OpenAPI Specifications
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate, Spring JDBC)
- Solid experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium, Karma/Jasmine, TSLint)
- Usability and Section 508 principles
- SQL development for IBM DB2
- WebSphere deployment
- Git, BitBucket, Jenkins automation
- Must demonstrate the experience and ability to work without technical oversight and to lead and/or supervise a team of specialists.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers.
- Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Agile development principles and methodology
- Knowledge of SSA system architecture
Education: Bachelors +7