The business analyst is required to partner with the trading desk and the technology team to develop product specifications for new capabilities, with particular focus on electronic trading connections and portfolio trading screens.
The day to day responsibilities would include working with various stakeholders to capture problem statements, analyzing requirements and solutions, and translating them to functional specs to be consumed by developers. The role focuses on defining high quality end user experiences, including modern and extremely useful end user designs.
- Gather requirements from business units and translate those to programmers and developers.
- Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs.
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
- Extensive knowledge of fixed income securities trading and operations (especially Credit products).
- Extensive knowledge in electronic trading workflows and electronic trading systems.
- Extensive knowledge in financial systems and technologies.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and spec documentation skills.
- Excellent work organization, analysis, and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work with various stake holders (traders, COOs, Product controllers, compliance), and coordinate and drive solutions.
- Experience with all phases of the systems development lifecycle.
- Deep knowledge of architecture and documentation concepts and tools, (data models, XML schemas, Visio, etc).
- Plus: SQL queries, and working with database (MS SQL Sybase etc.).
- Plus: Bloomberg TOMS experience is a big plus.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years’ experience required